Friday, May 16, 2008

Learning objectives from building a taxonomy

Learning objectives from building a taxonomy
Learning objectives from week 12-16 May 2008
Knowing that you need information taxonomy is one thing, but how to build it is another.
I have arranged my documents manually according to different categories, before automating it, to make it easy for me when I upload to the wiki. It would save time of deleting and editing. My intention is to structure the document, in the most accessible way, and relevant to the topic chosen. I have chosen a KM related topic, that I m thinking will be appropriate for my audience, who will be using the taxonomy.
There three different important things thing that I have to take in consideration when structuring this wiki;
Context, what is the purpose of the taxonomy? And how is taxonomy going be used?
What is the content scope? e.g. department within an organisation,
Who will be using the taxonomy? e.g. librarians.
The purpose of wiki is making librarians aware that knowledge sharing is possible (both tacit and explicit knowledge). There simple mechanism that can be used to share knowledge e.g. storytelling, one can undermine the terms by just hearing about it.
When we met my other classmates on a Saturday, it really showed me that knowledge sharing is powerful.

No comments: